The « WLH » lamella clarifiers can be used for many different purposes.
- To clarify raw surface water and provide potable water.
- To clarify urban, industrial and agricultural wastewater to remove suspended solids and heavy metals.
- To remove organic and inorganic pollutants during coagulation and flocculation in residual water.
- Stormwater clarification
- Hydrocarbon separation
The « WLH » lamella clarifier has the following benefits:
- 5 to 10 times reduction in the civil engineering footprint compared to a conventional tube settler unit, resulting in a significant reduction in costs.
- An accelerated separation process of solids from liquids by a factor of 2 to 5. This is due to the increased sediment contact surface area created by the 55° or 60° angle of the WLH lamella modules in the settling tank.
- A significantly higher hydraulic efficiency due to the use of hexagonal modules rather than other tube clusters and parallel plates.
- Minimal risk of clogging and bending under the weight of the sludge because of the hexagonal shape.
- Easier bonding by using a hexagonal-shaped sheet for welding or stapling rather than a corrugated one.